Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pathways


I am typing this at the Sydney Airport while waiting for my flight. As usual, I arrived incredibly early. Checked in 2 hours before boarding.

I had an awesome time with some Sydney friends last night. My last night with them as a single woman (I think I fit more into the 'girl' category, but that's another story). It made me think that things are definitely going to change. I will be part of a unit, a partnership, after the wedding. It will no longer be just me. Although I can still retain my individuality, honestly, I won't be as free as I am now. This doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad thing. It's just a different chapter in my life. I am about to embark on a new path.

I have mixed feelings about getting married. I am excited and anxious at the same time. Much like the feeling you get when you're about to go to a new country and knowing you would have to set yourself up in a different environment. Although, this time I know I would definitely not be alone. There are many things I would miss out; things I have been accustomed to and have enjoyed when I'm single or when he's overseas. But I know I can revisit those moments, although in little doses, a nostalgic treat from time to time.

I'm excited about the marriage. I started a countdown quite a while ago and have felt little jolts of excitement at very random moments. I am excited about the fact that we don't need to be away from each other anymore. Long distance relationships suck. They are seriously very hard. There needs to be extra effort on both parties for it to work. We have made it through after a year of tears, anticipation and several games of Lexulous. I am happy that I have W. He has exceeded my expectations and has been more than great. I am absolutely sure that he is perfect for me. There is so much ahead of us and I am happy that he is the one I am going to share those experiences with.

No comments:

Post a Comment